How To Apply For A Grant
Our upcoming grantmaking will take place in Winter 2022. Due to the emergent needs of our community impacted by Hurricane Ida, the launch of the Red Umbrella Response Fund has caused a delay in our grantmaking.
Am I Eligible?
Due to the competitiveness and increased need of nonprofit organizations, the AHE’s Grantmaking Committee would like to focus its efforts on nonprofits that meet ALL eligibility requirements and applicants that complete the entire application.
Are You the Correct Organization Type?
Must be an Eligible 501(c)(3)
Organizations that are NOT eligible to apply include:
- Nonprofit Hospitals
- Hospital Foundations
- Public Benefit or B-corporations
- Community Development Financial Institute (CDFI)
- School Districts
- Government Entities
- Nonprofit Health Insurance Companies
Do You Serve One or More Vulnerable Populations?
- Older residents
- Unemployed or underemployed
- The economically disadvantaged
- Healthcare workers, First Responders and others deemed Essential Workers
- Communities of color
- Immigrants & Refugees
- The medically frail
- The medically uninsured
- People with disabilities
- People experiencing homelessness
- Returning citizens (formerly incarcerated)
Do You Service the Greater Coatsville Area?
City of Coatesville
West Brandywine Township
West Caln Township
Does Your Mission Align with Social Determinants?
Organization’s Mission Aligns with One or More of the Social Determinants of Health:
- Health care
- Behavioral Health
- Mental Health & Well-Being
- Social & Family Supports
- Healthy Food Access
- Community Economics (supporting small businesses)