Contact: Alyssa Kotzmann
July 28, 2022
For Immediate Release:
(Coatesville, Pennsylvania) -The Alliance for Health Equity (The Alliance) is proud to release $620,000 in support over two years to eight registered 501(c)3 grassroots and nonprofit partnerships, equaling 18 organizations as the recipients of the Collaborative Innovation Fund. Another $25,000 was awarded to an organization to support the Coatesville Black Media Renaissance and $12,500 in discretionary funds was released to address emergent needs relating to health access.
The Collaborative Innovation Fund was formed as a result of a community-wide survey highlighting the pressing need for mental health, employment, and education, and local nonprofit interviews expressing the need for local partnerships. The Collaborative Innovation Fund highlights new or existing partnerships between grassroots and nonprofit organizations focusing on mental health as well as employment or education to create a healthy, inclusive, and resilient Coatesville. Alongside the funding, the partnerships will receive personalized capacity building based on each nonprofit and grassroots partner’s request.
Collaborative Innovation Fund Recipients addressing mental health and employment include:
- Maternal and Child Health Consortium & Wings for Success to receive $100,000.
- Two Fish and Five Loaves & Movement Community Development Corporation to receive $100,000.
Collaborative Innovation Fund Recipients addressing mental health and K -12th Grade education include:
- Chester County Futures & Arts Holding Hearts and Hands to receive $50,000.
- Child Guidance Resource Centers (CGRC) & Coatesville Kids to College to receive $80,000.
- Community Youth, & Women’s Alliance (CYWA) & Stages of Arts & First Fruit to receive $50,000.
- Parkesburg Point, The Bridge Academy & Providence Church to receive $100,000.
- Better Tomorrows & Coatesville Youth Initiative to receive $100,000.
- Young Men and Young Women In Charge & The Women’s League for Minority Education to receive $40,000.
$12,500 in discretionary funds were also released to Minority Nurse Educators of Chester County co WC Atkinson Center to address healthcare access and education, and The Movement Development Corporation (MCDC) was awarded $25,000 to support uplifting community voice through Coatesville Black Media Renaissance (CBMR).
The Alliance for Health Equity is excited to share an entirely new round of General Operating Support to local organizations in the fall of 2022. Learn more about The Alliance by visiting our website, and stay updated on our work, upcoming events, and activities by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.